Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Milk & Mummy terms and conditions. This is where we put our legal hats on and go all serious on you! However, rest assured we do this only to protect both you and us, so you can see it's vital that we have these.
Milk & Mummy is the trading name of EG Downie Ltd. This website is owned and operated by EG Downie Ltd. Registered office: 18 Waterbeach Road, Landbeach, Cambridge CB25 9FA. Registered number: 07812071 in England and Wales.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or you have any feedback about our website then you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01223 902910.
We reserve the right to vary both these terms and conditions and any other content on the website, including product prices, at any time, without prior warning. In respect of any ordered goods, the terms and conditions which apply are those which you accepted when placing your order.
We aim to process all enquires and requests as quickly as possible, but we reserve the right to restrict, refuse or cancel orders, as well as refuse access to the website and terminate accounts at our discretion. This website is intended for use by adult consumers only.
Terms and Conditions of Using this Website
- The content of the pages of this website including these terms and conditions are for your general information and use only and is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
If you would like to link to this website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, any page on this website, and subject to the following conditions:
- You do not in any way imply that we are endorsing any services or products unless this has been specifically agreed with us;
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with us or present any false information about us;
- Your website does not contain content that is offensive, controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or does not comply in any way with the law in the United Kingdom.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- The agreement between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the jurisdiction of English courts.
Pricing and Product Descriptions
Milk & Mummy has taken great care in the preparation of the content of this website, in particular in ensuring that all the prices and product descriptions shown on the website are correct. However we cannot guarantee that errors will not occur. Where a product's correct price is lower than that paid, we will refund the difference to you, and dispatch your order as normal. Where the correct price is higher you will have the option of proceeding with the order at the correct price, or cancelling the order. If there has been a product description error we will contact you to discuss whether you still wish to proceed with the order or to cancel it.
All prices are quoted in UK pounds sterling. Prices are not inclusive of VAT as we are not VAT registered. We charge separately for delivery unless your order is over £80. Our delivery charges are detailed in the Delivery section of these terms.
Order Process and Payment
This is the process that you will be required to go through to order product/s from Milk & Mummy:
- Click "add to basket" on the products you wish to purchase.
- When you have added all the products to the basket, click on "shopping basket" or "MY BAG" and then "checkout".
- If you are a new customer you will be given the option to "register account", or you can continue without registering by selecting "guest checkout". If you have registered with us before then please enter your email and password under "returning customer".
- Enter your billing details. Remove the tick from the box if your billing and delivery details are different, at which point you will be able to complete your delivery details separately.
- Check the delivery method.
- Select payment method. Milk & Mummy provides the choice of two secure payment options:-Debit / Credit cards and Paypal. Card payments are processed securely via Stripe Payment Gateway. Add any comments you wish to make about your order. You must tick that you agree to the Terms and Conditions to proceed.
- Confirm your order. Please ensure that your order is correct before continuing.
- If your payment method is PayPal you will be automatically redirected to Paypal’s website to complete the transaction.
- If your payment method is Debit / Credit Card a message box will appear to enter your card details.
- If the payment is successful you will be redirected to the ‘Thank you’ page.
When you place an order on the site this represents a request on your part to purchase product/s. Once you confirm your order the payment is taken and we will send an "order received" email to your designated email address to state that we have received your request to purchase product/s. Once we have checked whether we are able to supply your order, we will either send you an "order confirmed" email (at which point your order will bring into existence a binding contract between us) or we will confirm by email that we are unable to meet your order. No contract will come into force between us unless we send you an "order confirmed" email. We reserve the right to supply to any person for whatever reason. Upon dispatch you will receive an "order dispatched" email. We will store on file a copy of your order and contact details purely for our reference.
We endeavour to ensure that stock availability shown on the website is as accurate as possible. Our acceptance of your offer to purchase our goods is subject to their availability. Your order is only confirmed once we send you an "order confirmed" email. If we are unable to deliver the goods which you have offered to purchase we will tell you as quickly as possible. You will have the option to select another item or cancel your order.
Delivery charges within the UK:
First Class Signed For:
This is our standard delivery service and is via Royal Mail First Class Signed For post which requires a signature upon delivery. Please note that parcels are not tracked in transit; only the delivery date is recorded. Royal Mail aim to deliver within 1 to 3 business days, but the parcel is not classed as missing by Royal Mail until 15 working days have elapsed since the due delivery date. The charges are by weight of parcel as follows:
- Up to 0.15 kg (i.e. single set of bibs or a single breastfeeding cover) = £2.50
- Up to 1 kg = £4.60
- Up to 2 kg = £6.80
- Over 2 kg = £9.00 and your order will be sent over two separate parcels, due to the Royal Mail weight limit.
Special Delivery Next Day:
With this Royal Mail service orders received before 1pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) are delivered to most UK postcodes by 1pm the next WORKING day and require a signature upon delivery. If you want to check whether next day delivery is available to your post code then please contact us or check the Royal Mail website. The price of this service varies depending on the approximate final weight of your order, and is calculated by our website when you place your order. The delivery charge will be displayed at checkout. Due to the size of our business, there may occasionally be periods when we cannot offer next day delivery, and during such periods this option will not be available at checkout.
Delivery Charges within ROI and Europe:
Within ROI and Europe your order will be sent by Royal Mail International Signed post which requires a signature upon delivery. The shipping cost is dependent on the approximate final weight of your order and is calculated by our website when you place your order. The final cost will be displayed at checkout. Please note that parcels are not tracked when they are in transit in Europe.
Our website will not accept European orders over 2KG in weight, as these are over the weight limit for International Signed For post. If you are having any difficulties placing your order then please email us on email@example.com so that we can give you a delivery cost quote and take payment via phone or email.
Please note that if you are shipping to a country outside of the EU, in addition to the shipping costs payable to us, you are liable for all import costs such as duty and VAT payable in the destination country.
Delivery Charges for Rest of World:
Please call or email us for a delivery charge quote, as this will vary depending on the destination and weight of the parcel. Please note that, in addition to shipping costs, you will be liable for all import costs associated with bringing the item into your country, such as duty and VAT, and these are payable in the destination country.
We will deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery in your order, as long as this address is within Europe. It is important that this address is accurate, and has a valid postcode. We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to the goods once they have been signed for at the destination. At point of delivery they are under your ownership, provided we have received payment in full for goods and their delivery cost, and they will be held at your risk. We will endeavour to deliver the goods by the period quoted for delivery but delivery times are not guaranteed. We cannot leave any specific delivery instructions for Royal Mail, for example to leave parcels with a neighbour. For both your and our security parcels require a signature from the addressee.
In the unlikely event that you receive the wrong order, please contact us as soon as possible so we can arrange for the product/s to be collected and the correct one/s to be dispatched to you.
Parcel not Arrived (within UK)
If your parcel has not arrived within 7 days from the "order dispatched" email we suggest you call your local Royal Mail sorting office to check whether the parcel is waiting for you there. If the parcel cannot be tracked after 10 working days have elapsed from the due date, then we will either refund the price paid or dispatch a replacement (stock permitting).
Returns and Exchanges
We really hope you will be happy with your purchase but if it isn't quite right then don't worry, just follow our really easy and FREE* returns service.
* Freepost returns are only available for customers shipping from within the UK
You can return for any reason. All that we ask is that non-faulty returns are returned in the same perfect condition as they were received, with tags attached. We accept returns up to 14 days from the date you received them provided that the products are in their original condition and packaging, unworn and unwashed, with all the labels attached.
If you would like an exchange call us on 01223 902910 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check and reserve stock. If it is just a return then proceed to Step 2.
Fill out the Return/Exchange Form sent with your order (or download here). We welcome any feedback as it helps us learn what works and what doesn't.
Pack the items carefully with this form in the original post bag and attach the returns label from the bottom of the Return/Exchange Form.
Take your return to the Post Office. Please don't forget to get a 'proof of postage' receipt as without this we cannot be liable for items that go missing on the return journey.
As soon as we have the items back we will refund you via the original payment method and/or send you the requested exchange (subject to availability).
Some additional information:
Exchange items from customers within the UK will not incur a delivery charge. Customers outside of the UK will need to pay for the cost of delivering their exchange items.
Refunds for items bought as gifts can only be given to the original purchaser.
In addition to the above, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations which apply to purchases made on or after 13 June 2014, you have 14 working days starting the day after delivery (the ‘cooling-off period’) in which to cancel this agreement, if for any reason you are not happy with the goods that have been delivered, as long as they are in their original condition. You should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation. In this case the original postage cost will be refunded along with the product cost (except for supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our least expensive method).
It is very rare that this should happen but if there's any fault with your product, please let us know as soon as you can. As you'd expect, we don't charge for the return of faulty items & we'll make sure we get the problem sorted as quickly as possible.