Milk & Mummy is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We comply with the UK Data Protection Act and, as part of this Act, we have made an entry in the Information Commissioner's Office register stating the purposes for which we hold and process personal data.
Milk & Mummy may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from August 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information (through our newsletter) which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, if you have opted in to receive this information.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes via email. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies, by changing your browser settings. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict or delete the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, unless you indicate that you want to receive our marketing communication (eg newsletter), and you double opt-in to receive this, then we won't send you any further marketing communication
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you are entitled to view, amend or delete the information we hold about you by emailing our data protection officer firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Emma Downie, Milk & Mummy, 18 Waterbeach Road, Landbeach, Cambridge CB25 9FA
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Milk & Mummy uses two payment gateways, Stripe (www.stripe.com) and PayPal (www.paypal.com), to give you the most choice at checkout. Milk & Mummy provides the chosen payment gateway with your billing address for the sole purpose of completing the transation, to minimise fraud.
To ensure security with web payments, Milk & Mummy never directly receives any customers' card details. Card details are either entered on the payment gateway website (if using PayPal) or sent directly from your web browser to the payment gateway (if using Stripe). The gateway will then inform Milk & Mummy of a successful transaction.